Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Apple Bread

2 cups of biscuit mix (Pamela's Ultimate Pancake and Baking Mix)
3/4 cup Sugar (Splenda)
1 egg (3 tablespoons egg whites)
3 tablespoons oil (vegetable oil)
3/4 cup milk (soy milk)
1 apple

Combine biscuit mix and sugar in large bowl.
Beat together egg, oil, and milk in another bowl.
Stir together egg and biscuit mixture.
Stir in apples.
Pour into greased loaf pan.
Preheat oven 400 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.

I wish that I made more of this bread because it was so good.  I only had one apple and can't spend anymore money right now.  Finding gluten free biscuit mix was hard not to mention costly but it was worth it.  The bread doesn't get high when baking like other breads do.  Jesse and I had 3 pieces each, it was that good.  I had mine with apple butter and Jesse had butter and honey.  As you can see this recipe is easy and I would highly recommend trying it.

Reuben Sandwich Project:  Since my paycheck went to paying bills I will have to hold off on making the Reuben.  I want to try both recipes of Vegan Reuben from Vegan Dad along with actually making vegan cheese, dressing, etc.  So I hope everyone isn't disappointed too much but I really want to work on this recipe being vegan and blood-type oriented.  For now I will continue to look at other recipes in Rookie Cookie to see what else I can make in the meantime. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend and blog to you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment