Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Lemon Chess Pie

1/2 cup butter or margarine (butter spray)
1 1/2 cups sugar (Splenda)
1 tablespoon cornstarch ( Arrowroot starch)
3 eggs ( 1/3 cup egg whites)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 9-inch pie crust

Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
Add other ingredients and mix well.
Pour into crust.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.

This pie was real good.  Jesse and I ate it all up at once. When this pie was done baking, the crust was slightly burnt around the edges.  Jesse wasn't too happy about the butter spray being used when there is a tub full of Smart Balance in the fridge.  After looking at the ingredients on the tub it seems that I might be able to use it in my recipes after all with it being made with vegetable oil and all.  So in future recipes I will be using Smart Balance.  I do feel stupid about not realizing this about Smart Balance.  I guess when the blood type diet talks about butter I thought it meant all sorts of butter.  Always do research on products to make sure.

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment